Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Meet Your Makers: Bethany Shea of Indulgence Bath, Body & Skincare Products

 
How did you come up with your business name?  There are a few reasons that made "Indulgence" the perfect name for my Bath & Body Products. First, I use all edible ingredients, many of which are used to make some of the most indulgent desserts, such as sugar, cocoa, cooking extracts, and meringue powder. Also, most of the products are scented to remind you of those same treats (and some of them even look like them). Second, the products are rich, and indulgent for the skin, leaving it supple, moisturized, and soft. Third, we tend to think the act of Pampering ourselves with things like bubble baths, sugar scrubs, and rich lotions is quite indulgent. I say "Go ahead, indulge!"
 
 

Where do you live?  I live in the South Hills.  My husband and I just bought our first house in Brentwood. 

Who’s in your family?  My immediate family is my husband, Sam, and our furbaby Ninja.  Hopefully we will be adding some real babies soon!
 
 

If you could sit down and talk to any person, living or dead, who would it be and why?  I would have to say my grandfather.  He was my absolute favorite person in the world, very kind and wise.  I think he would have all kinds of great advice for "grown up" me.
 
 

What inspires you?  I am mostly inspired by my family, friends, and clients.  My line started with sugar scrub and lotion, to use during the manicures and pedicures I provide in my mobile spa party business. Every other product was inspired by someone I knew either having a skincare issue, as a gift for someone, or to use in a spa service (sometimes all of the above).



What is your favorite item you make for Boutique 208 and why?  My favorite item is the aloe & green tea moisture serum because of its many uses.  I love a multi-tasker, which is why this little superhero is my favorite.  The moisture serum is an oil-free facial moisturizer, but it also acts as a make up setting spray, and can soothe and promote healing in minor cuts, scrapes, rashes, and burns (especially sunburn).
 
 

What is your favorite item at Boutique 208 that’s not one of your own and why?I love the letter Photography. I have my eye on a framed Pitt Picture that my Brother would LOVE. 

What advice can you offer to someone who would like to start selling their handmade creations?  The best advice I can give is to only make/sell things that you would want to buy yourself.  If you stay passionate about it, it will show in your work and others will see it in you.  Also, try to make things that you couldn't find anywhere else.  Being unique is the best way to get people to come back for more!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment