Monday, November 2, 2015

Meet Your Makers: Nandy Karthik of Painted Elephant

Please introduce yourself and tell us about your handmade business.

Hi, I am Nandhini (Nandy) Karthik,  a stay at home Mom who loves to paint. I was born & raised in a south India. My mom would send me to the local artists to learn Indian art & crafts during my summer vacations. 

I paint glass bottles, trays, vases, stones and anything I get my hand on!

How did you come up with your business name?

My designs are Indian. I love Elephants and India is one of those places where the elephants are highly decorated.


Where do you live?
 In Upper Saint Clair, Pittsburgh

Who’s in your family?
My husband Karthik, and my 4 year old daughter Leela.

If you could sit down and talk to any person, living or dead who would it be, and why?
My Grandmom, she was a great doodler.

What inspires you?
India & its colors

What is your favorite item you make for Boutique 208 and why?
Oil/vinegar dispensers



What is your favorite item at Boutique 208 that’s not one of your own and why?
I like everyone's work. My favorites are Jenn's art works (those tiny canvas paintings & magnets) and Spice studs.

What advice can you offer to someone who would like to start selling their handmade creations?

Be original

No comments:

Post a Comment