Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Featured Artist: Mimi Antonetti of Nautilus Creations


Mimi Antonetti of Nautilus Creations is our featured artist this week. She creates beautiful, unique chain maille jewelry. We asked her to share a bit about herself. Enjoy!



A native of Northern NJ, I currently reside in the Greater Pittsburgh area by way of Miami and Houston. With a degree in geology and paleontology, the Chambered Nautilus has always been my favorite invertebrate - I love the way it will build a new living chamber when it outgrows the current one. This has become a metaphor for my life....creating new as I outgrow the old.
  
In 2011 I took advantage of corporate downsizing and decided to follow my heart in several different ways. I have parlayed my love of animals into a dream job of taking care of other people's four footed (and hooved) friends as a full time job. On the side I started to stoke my creative fire and stumbled upon chain maille; little did I know it would become something verging on obsession!


 I love the direction mailling has taken me and have branched out to include everything from Kumihimo to torch-flamed scales and rings in my pieces. I prefer to work in stainless steel, bronze, copper and niobium although I still will make pieces in brass, bright and anodized aluminum.


Stop in and check out Mimi's Nautilus Creations featured at the front of the Boutique from 2/17-2/21. 






No comments:

Post a Comment