Saturday, March 15, 2014

Meet Your Makers: Evan Tillie Pettler of Tillie's Clay Treats


Please introduce yourself and tell us about your handmade business: My name is Evan Tillie Pettler and my business is Tillie's Clay Treats. 

How did you come up with your business name? This name comes from the fact that I make handmade clay jewelry in the shape of food! 




Where do you live? I live in Mt. Lebanon.
 
Who’s in your family? My parents and my brother.

What inspires you? Younger people, celebrities or not, who follow their dreams greatly inspire me. They remind me of myself, since I'm only thirteen. I enjoy looking at all of the jewelry because I love wearing jewelry and it helps me come up with new ideas. 
 
What is your favorite item you make for Boutique 208 and why? Personally, I like the pierogi earrings because those were the first earrings I've ever made. 




What advice can you offer to someone who would like to start selling their handmade creations? To anyone who wants to sell their objects they've made, I would say that they should participate in a lot of local events and activities to get experience and get their name known. 





No comments:

Post a Comment