Thursday, March 13, 2014

Meet Your Makers: Gillian Graber of Gillie Beans Boutique



Please introduce yourself and tell us about your handmade business:  I'm a practical girl who has a passion for beautiful fabrics, trims, and designs.  I try to make things that are practical and really fun with a classic style.  Kids grow so fast, so I use my experiences as a mom combined with the inspiration from my kids and other moms to create things that you will love and use for as long as possible!

How did you come up with your business name?  Gillie Bean was my one of my nicknames as a child.  When I was pregnant, my baby was often referred to as the little bean.

Where do you live?  I live in the Eastern suburbs of Pittsburgh.

Who’s in your family?  Me, my hubby, and my kiddos, Aidan and Lilly.




If you could sit down and talk to any person, living or dead, who would it be and why? Probably Martha Stewart because she knows so much about so many things that interest me.
 

What inspires you?  My kids have been my biggest inspiration!  They tell me what they like and I find a way to make it!


What is your favorite item you make for Boutique 208 and why?  My masks because they are so unique and I just love the way they turn out!


What is your favorite item at Boutique 208 that’s not one of your own and why?  My favorite things in the boutique that aren't my own are the Bonne Amy Pittsburgh alphabets and her other photography word collages!  I want every one for my walls!

What advice can you offer to someone who would like to start selling their handmade creations? 
Just start creating something you love.   Test the waters by making a few of each thing and see how they sell.  Find what works for you and stick to that.  Draw inspiration from wherever you find it and take pride it what you do and you can't go wrong!





No comments:

Post a Comment